Thursday, January 12, 2012

God is still with you

Jaycee has been having issues lately sleeping by herself.  She spent a lot of nights in the same room with Logan over the Christmas break.  So, several nights at the beginning of this week, she was scared and crying. We made a "Love Container" to hold mommy's and daddy's hugs and kisses--to keep them "close".  And I told her that God was always with her and she didn't need to be scared.  The next day, this Psalm was part of my devotional.  I meant to read it to her, but still haven't.  But, it's a nice Psalm to remember.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,   
 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.--Psalm 139:7-12 (NIV)

What are your favorite Bible verses for when you are scared?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful scriptures! I've always liked to quote Ps. 23 when I'm anxious. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. ..He restores my soul...you prepare a table before me in the prescenc of my enemies...surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life!
    We are never alone.
    PS I'm all set to try and make your Califlower Pizza tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Praying for your little Jaycee. :-) My favorite scripture when I'm feeling totally under attack is Psalm 91. I memorized it a while back. It's loooonnnng. But it was awesome to memorize. Unfortunately if someone asked me to recite it right now, I'd fail miserably. I wish my brain was better at retaining information.

    Happy Friday to you!
    ~Rosann

    ReplyDelete

Heartfelt Thoughts